Discuss Toilet waste lower than soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

We've just had a new toilet installed and the new toilet's waste pipe is lower than the cast iron soil pipe. My installer has used a flexi pipe to connect the toilet waste upwards to the soil pipe. Am I right to be concerned about the upwards connection, and the use of a flexi pipe? The cast iron soil pipe is about 1 inch higher than the toilet waste pipe. What might a good solution be?

WhatsApp Image 2019-03-12 at 19.01.23 (1).jpeg

Need to raise the toilet

That flexi isn’t acceptable either look at that sharp bend

Get the installer back

Need to raise the toilet

That flexi isn’t acceptable either look at that sharp bend

Get the installer back
Thanks for your quick reply. When you say the flexi isn't acceptable, is that the silver clean water pipe?

And by raising the toilet would that mean putting it on a plinth?

Also, any thoughts on the use of the flexible pan connector? I've read a few things about them not being very good.

Thanks

Yes too sharp of a bend (looks kinked) they tend to split when it’s done like that

Yes or could you raise the floor ?

There ok not the best tho but not installed like that

Yes too sharp of a bend (looks kinked) they tend to split when it’s done like that

Yes or could you raise the floor ?

There ok not the best tho but not installed like that
We could raise the floor a bit - how much to you think it would need?

I can't help thinking that we should have been advised to get a wall hung pan that could have been put at the correct level needed instead of messing with the floor level or a plinth!

So that the outlet is at the same height as the inlet

Thanks for your replies.

If we can't raise the floor and I don't want a plinth, should I ask for re-installation with a different toilet, say a wall hung one that can be put at the correct height?

Who bought the toilet ?

I bought that toilet, however I did send the link to the installer first to confirm it would work and the installed had viewed the bathroom and said it was ok to order.

Reply to Toilet waste lower than soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock