Discuss Toilet Waste pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

agaffey

I live in a 1 bed 1st floor flat and we are looking to carry out some refurbishment and create a new bedroom for our baby. As part of this I want to swap the positioning of the kitchen and bathroom.
We are lease holders in the building, and the landlords of the building own the bathroom shop below. I wanted to know if I need to get permission for relocating a bathroom and toilet? Are there any building regs or authorities I need to goto?
I found out that a flat above us in the same building had some work done in 1997 and it looks like the bathroom was relocated, I checked our local council web site and found some kind of planning was granted, but think this was because they were creating 2 1 bed flats out of 1 larger flat, so in effect creating a new property. The only thing I could see regarding plumbing was that no extra pipe work could be added to the outside of the building, so I will have to use what is already there.
Currently the toilet os located very close to a out side wall and I can see the toilet waste actually goes almost stright out through the wall (its boxed in behind the toilet) to the main stack running down the outside of the building.
I have also noticed a 4" wast pipe coming under the floor boards in the bathroom and out through the wall to the main stack, but this is serving the bath, so my plan is to try and use this pipe as its a 4" one to server the toilet in its new position.
I was to relocate the bathroom further into the flat, about 5 meters.
Ideally id like to run the waste up the hall way a little under the floor boards, but have been told i will be very lucky if the joists are running the correct way, as you cant run a 4" pipe through them. I will pull the boards up at the weekend to take a look at this and update once I know.
My other option I was thinking was to run the waste around the side of the living room but box it in and create a nice window seat of bench... which would hide the pipe and also look quite good in the room as we have lovely big windows and great views outside.
The total run of the waste would now be about 8 or 9 meters as it would go around the room. Would this be ok as long as we can get the drop of 18mm per meter, and how many turns would we get away with do this.

Any help or advice would be great.

Many thanks
Andy

you need the help of a good plumber not a jobbing builder and ask building regs for advice as well, additional rm may need planning as will moving kitchen and bathroom as escape routes and fire regs come into play. dont just go for it and hope or you can end up with burnt fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet Waste pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I need to this cast iron pipe back as my new back to wall toilet won’t fit otherwise. Cutting it back i am going to lose the collar. So what...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will...
Replies
Views
I removed the tile floor in my bathroom to fit vinyl and I noticed that the loo now leaks slightly when I flush it. I haven’t put the vinyl down...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock