Currently reading:
tool box or bag?

Discuss tool box or bag? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Festool systainer with bespoke tool insert - best toolbox I've ever had.
If your doing allot of running around and long walks to site in the city etc then rucksacks rule.

just my opinion

I prefer the tool box because it holds more and keeps any rain off the tools. I use a large Stanley Plumbers tool box.
When I say tool box, I mean cloth type with plastic base & reinforcing, - never a metal old fashioned box as they will damage door frames etc if you hit any.
I do some outside work, often external oil boilers, so I need a weatherproof box, unlike you gas guys who get nice easy dry work.
The open tote bag is handier though.

Last edited:
Think it depends what your doing, Boiler service/Repair then bag is good, only small tools required, Plumbing & install work Box, tend to use more tools.

I'm mainly service/repair so have a small bag with all bits for that, and then a big toolbox for bigger heavier tools

Every tote bag I have I end up just throwing everything in there and they break after a short time as they get too heavy, and it's too easy to just throw everything in without any organisation so takes ages to find anything.

i have tool boxes to store gas tools, tote to put hammers and special tools-torch etc. but, i recon i am the only one who still uses a bass bag for van to door stuff! easy to evacuate the job site as well.lol
think customers like to see traditional plumber especially the older ones!

i want a nice suitcase for service work on gas and for my fga etc, havent got the cash at present though

i want a nice suitcase for service work on gas and for my fga etc, havent got the cash at present though

My FGA/Manometer and other goodies are all in a Dewalt ds150 waterproof and you can drive over it with the van DSC_0574.jpg

Any one remember the old plumbers bag ??, opened out flat, anyone still got one ??

Ive got many tools multiple tools of one in different box's bags and places

- Stanley tool box with all my plumbing stuff
- Racco open box/tote with all my soldering gear
- forge steel box with surf that I hardly use and extra consumables and such
-Stanley tool bag with smaller bags In that like (wood chisels/electric screwdrivers and cutters/bacho ratchet set/ring spanner roll and then spare hammer and pry bar and other junk that gets lashed in
Then all my drills and power tools are in the van vault in box's
Ive got 3 ds150 cases one for gas tools one for drill and impact with all the bits and one for sds+bits then all my other drills and grinders in the vault

I've found half the time I just take what I need out of the box's/bags into the job,
But if its a bigger job I bring most of my box's/bags into the job

Mine looks a lot like this but with plumbing tools. Grips olive cutter, LDF etc
images.jpeg
Got bigger box for power tools, smaller one for soldering kit and briefcase sized one with foam for fga

They all slot together and i mix and match depending on the job

Last edited:
bucket.jpg

I use one of these, nice and clean to carry my normal requirements into a home on a service or repair call.

Have a Stanley 1 a bit smaller than gas and. Multi level looks a bit like 1 4 going fishing. Can fit analyser, fluke test leads, multimeter and variety of tools for service repair boiler work.
Could b a bit tougher but I suppose I hav it a year r 2, so not too bad

Toolbox has a distinct advantage of also serving as a hop-up
I have a Stanley Fatmax toolbag simply was half price at the time so got it, it has about 10 pockets outside and 4 inside which is just about enough, tools go inside the zip compartment, stuff like ptfe, electric tape, cleaning strip etc fit snug into outside pockets. Bag also has a solid plastic base double stitching throughout, comfortable handle and a shoulderr strap. Also a little clear pouch on outside to slide your business card into incase you forget your own number :)

Stanley tool bag BUT my mate has just bought me the rucksack from CK XMAS PREESIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tool box or bag? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock