Discuss Total novice seeking help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Hoping a kind soul can help me. I've just moved into a house with a Furnray Firefly oil boiler - it's plugged in and there's a red light to indicate that it's operational (I think that's what it's indicating!) but the only control that I can see is a temperature control ranging from 60 to 90 degrees celsius.

Just had my first oil delivery this morning, and I had hoped that by turning on the central heating switch and turning the controls to "all day" the radiators would start to heat up - unfortunately nothing heated up at all, even the boiler. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could try to get the central heating on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally if you nothing about oil or boilers, I would get a oftec certified plumber to get the boiler working again and give it a service.

At the very least get in a plumber , it might only need bleeding , then see about a full service

Where abouts are you? We have oillies here on the forum that may be local to you. In the meantime did the seller leave any past service sheets or bills?
And welcome to the forum.

Furnray boilers were made here, in NI. It probably had run out of oil & the oil line & burner needs bled. Don't try this yourself as you risk doing what a lot of people do & ruin the settings of the burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Total novice seeking help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock