Search the forum,

Discuss Towell radiator used as bypass in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumber89

Hi there ,

long time ago since I did my
nvq 2 and central heating is not my speciality , but I'm doing a bathroom in a property and
Have a customer with a one pipe system,
There towell radiator has been used as a bypas I assume as it is hot whenever boiler is on no matter what else It's calling for

the customer wants the new towel radiator run off central
heating which i can get to the other side of bathroom , but the existing pipes on the towell radiator can I just cap both these and leave them or do they need joining up ,
customer has the current one turned off a lot as they don't like it hot all the time so I can't see it being a problem
although I guess there will be no bypass anymore?
thanks

Joining the pipes together under the floor would cause no problems,but I'd fit an automatic bypass valve between the flow and return pipe work after the circulating pump and before the zone valves if there are any zone valves.

You dont want a bypass on a one pipe system, if that is what you are looking at.

Are you sure its a one piper and not just taken from the feed from the pump before it reaches 2 or 3 port valves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Towell radiator used as bypass in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the normal radiators get hot but two of the three towel heater/radiators don't get hot and the pipes feeding them are cool to the touch even after the boiler...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I need to replace a radiator in the kitchen, the 10mm copper has split so using this opertunaty to replace it with a towel one and also need to remove both valves and make the pipes shorter. Its a gravity fed system and the last radiator in the system , I have a bung kit, i know i can...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
P
Hi I’ve got a blockage somewhere that’s preventing the GCH bathroom towel rail from heating. Plumber has offered to try and resolve it at £100/hour. It sounds like there’s no guarantee the blockage can be found and/or fixed. So I could be pouring money down the drain trying to resolve the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock