Search the forum,

Discuss Trap and waste connections to a 1.5 stainless Franke ELN651 sink. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chrisdonne

HI,

I have just purchased the above sink top from our friends at Screwfix, it was stated that it came with waste fittings but that seems to be limited to the two bowl strainers.

I am not sure what I need by way of a trap or to connect the two outlets together.

The two strainers are 235mm apart and the main bowl is 75mm lower than the half bowl (which really would be better named as a quarter bowl)

Has anybody got any ideas?

Many thanks.

Chris

You need one of these:

McAlpine SSK2 waste kit for Bowl and half sinks | eBay

And you're also going to need a sink trap too. Bear in mind how many spigots you are going to need for w/m and/or dishwasher as if the above has them already you are not going to need them on your trap as well. These waste kits will join the 2 bowls together but you'll need to cut them down to make them fit. Try to get it as tight as possible as you don't want the situation where your cupboard is so full of waste pipe you can't get anything else in.

If you really want to keep it as tight as possible you can also do away with the above kit and just stick a sink trap on each of the basket wastes and then tee these 2 together with and inch and a half tee, elbows and inch and a half pipe.

Hope this helps

any good plumber merchants will sell you a macalpine kit for this

Thanks Steve, I had figured that a good plumbers merchants would sell me the required parts but was just not sure what to ask for when I got there. Having never fitted one of these 1.5 bowl sinks before I was unsure if I needed specific parts or just a standard set of bits and pieces.

Thaks for the tip anyway,

Regards,

Chris Donne

You need one of these:

McAlpine SSK2 waste kit for Bowl and half sinks | eBay

And you're also going to need a sink trap too. Bear in mind how many spigots you are going to need for w/m and/or dishwasher as if the above has them already you are not going to need them on your trap as well. These waste kits will join the 2 bowls together but you'll need to cut them down to make them fit. Try to get it as tight as possible as you don't want the situation where your cupboard is so full of waste pipe you can't get anything else in.

If you really want to keep it as tight as possible you can also do away with the above kit and just stick a sink trap on each of the basket wastes and then tee these 2 together with and inch and a half tee, elbows and inch and a half pipe.

Hope this helps

Thanks Nat, That was really helpful, initially I thought I was going to need something specific for this sink but see now that I do not and since the link you sent me for the McAlpine kit (which looks like something from a nuclear power station) only uses one trap together with the fact that I do not need connections to a DW or WM I suspect I only need to use two connectors from the bowl strainers, 'tee'd' together into one trap, and off to through the wall to the outside world.

Which should take up minimal space under the sink cupboard and leave plenty of room for the junk that my misses will inevitably stuff in there.

Correct me if I am wrong and thanks again for your help.

Regards

Chris Donne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trap and waste connections to a 1.5 stainless Franke ELN651 sink. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need some advice connecting my bowl sink to the waste. There was a Insinkerator installed that I have replaced with basket strainer waste (Viva PP0011). I need to connect the waste but I find myself going around in circles in regards to selecting the correct parts. Thanks FrankW
Replies
Views
I've had a Franke 1.5 sink fitted recently using their siphon 2 plumbing kit as part of a new kitchen installation. However, I now regularly get sewage smells coming into my kitchen. I was wondering whether the air vent has been installed in the correct position. Should it be installed in the...
Replies
Views
I have an Ikea sink with trap however the waste fkexi hose does not connect to the 1 1/2 white waste pipe. Is there any fitting I can get to connect the two together or should I use normal traps and bends from the holes in the sink.
Replies
Views
Hi, My kitchen sink trap/waste is leaky a bit from the connection highlighted below. It mainly happens when there is pressure (when I fill up the sink and open it in one go), and the connection becomes a bit loose and water starts pouring out. I have tried tightening cap, but after a while it...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am hoping someone can advise on this.....bought a 1.5 bowl sink a while ago from B&Q but never got around to fitting it. Now decided to fit it in my utility room but upon having a look at it the smaller of the two bowls appears to have a rectangular slotted waste exit in the bottom as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock