Discuss TRV Broken in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Swanee

A new TRV was recently fitted , but the plastic has broken near the metal fitting.
The Radiator is now on full !
TRV has been on a low setting since it was fitted, and has not been ajusted at all.
My Questions are why has this happened ?
Do these TRV come with a Gaurantee ?

If less than 12 months ago contact the installer, I'm sure they will be able to swap the head for you and return the faulty head to the supplier.

TRV's normally only break when knocked, or you may have one that was manufactured faulty. Give the installer a bell.

Somebody must of knocked it. If you dont want the radiator on full turn the lockshield down on the other side of the radiator to lower the temp till you have the trv fixed

Thank you,

No one has been in room where new TRV has been fitted , fine before going to bed radiator was on full and broken next morning. It looks as if it has melted

Enlighten me please what is the locksheild ?
Its Sweltering :eek:

on the other end from rad is a plastic cap , take that off and with a pair of grips or pliers you can turn the rad off by turning it down.

if its melted then youve got more of a problem than a faulty trv, your boiler would be operating at a rather high temp and I doubt if it could operate high enough to melt a trv. You got any kids with matches?

Do you mean the wax in the capsule has melted and leaked out as opposed to the plastic body melting? If so the head is definitely knackered. If the plastic has melted, you've got real problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TRV Broken in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock