Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss TRv's and plinth heaters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Markym4rk

I have 2 radiators in my kitchen which both have TRV's fitted.
I need to replace 1 of the radiators and purchased a hydronic plinth heater which will activate when ever the central heating reaches 40deg.

My question is how do i control the heat output from the heater as there is no obvious place to fit the TRV.
Can i pipe the heater in series with the 1 remaining radiator so the TRV on the radiator would control the flow of heating water to the radiator and heater?

Thank You

you need a thermostat control in your room to turn your plinth heater on and off. Have a word with an electrician.

Don't run in series - you might as well remove the other radiator as do this.

You might get away with fitting an inline TRV with remote sensor connected by a long capillary so you can put the sensor elsewhere in the room.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TRv's and plinth heaters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock