Search the forum,

Discuss Trvs on single pipework ch system - yes or no? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark Humphries

I have a house where the pipework is all single pipework loop with t's off through the rads and back into the same pipework. The problem is temp control and water flow through the rads. There are some TRVS installed on some of the rads. The problem is the rads arent getting hot enough. The obvious answer is to fit a balancing valve (too expensive an option) or a flow regulating valve in order to push more heated water through the rads. If thatis done though I'm concerned that when the TRVs shut it will hamper the overall flow for the rest of the system. There is nothing wrrong with the rads as 2 are brand new. The boiler is cycling in and out frequently.

You can get trv' s suitable for one pipe systems. Danfoss make them.

Is it the rads with the Trvs that aren't getting hot enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trvs on single pipework ch system - yes or no? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6 other radiators and 2 bathroom towel radiators are just normal valve s. We live in a 4-bed, 3 storey house, as converted loft. Common problems were...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
I have flushed a CH system removed each Rad and removed any residue of black sludge filled the system up and treated with inhibitor. However after 2 days the water in the Overhead tank is gone red. The Ground floor rads are piping hot and the upstairs are Luke warm bleed the rads still no joy...
Replies
Views
I have a CH circuit on a 2 way zone valve. It’s a long circuit with 15 rads on it but rather than shutting down the last 5 rads in the circuit when not in use which is 90% of the time, can I put a 3 zone valve on the flow after the tenth rad and divert to a new T piece on the return to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock