Discuss TRVs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

twinkydrip

I know this is basic for most of you out there but can you please advise me as to why when I turn the TRVs in the bedrooms in my house to zero or the frost sign there is maximum output of heat from the radiators!! How can I turn the heat off on these radiators? Are all these TRVs faulty or does the system need balancing? Please help.:eek:

Trvs are faulty, prob the head has gone, some makes you can get just a replacement head, but prob cheaper getting & fitting complete trv.

Yes , Ok if it has burst , I agree . I have never seen one go that way but OK

Just as an add on ; many years ago we were commisioning a system 8 trvs . We normally flush etc with the heads off and fit the heads at the end with nice clean hands .
One of the lads had put all the heads on top of a double convected rad for safe keeping Every head had overextended its capsule , 8 new Trvs required !! They dont like sitting on top of a rad at 80 deg

Last edited:
trvs dont turn off, they just go to cold, but if the rooms cold?? guess what they turn on. they are not on and off valves

Of course they turn off . Past frost protection (then sometimes past the stop) to off . Its down that far that the capsule is inoperative
Granted that is not how they operate in normal use , but they have an off.

British gas ones have an off but all the ones i have come across need the special cap put on to turn them off completely

Of course they turn off . Past frost protection (then sometimes past the stop) to off . Its down that far that the capsule is inoperative
Granted that is not how they operate in normal use , but they have an off.

Yes I Agree with this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TRVs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock