Discuss Twist pop up bath waste removal in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there, apologies if wrong forum section.

we’re trying to refurb the bath drain as the chrome plating has come off. However, there appears to be a ring with 2 slots either side locking it in place. Is there a name for this part and a tool that can remove it? Or, is there another way to change this drain?
It is attached to a twist pop up mechanism if that helps. I’ve attached an image, hope that’s allowed and apologies for the grime.
Thanks

wide chisel normally works for me be careful the waste doesnt drop too far

I always used the hook end of an aluminium radiator bracket to work on these. As the other guys are saying, you just improvise a tool to undo the center screw and the waste will drop away from underneath the bath.

Reply to Twist pop up bath waste removal in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Evening all. Need to fix a twist pop up waste which is leaking where the cable from the twist overflow which operates the pop up waste connects...
Replies
Views
Hi there, My twist pop-up bath plug isn’t working and when trying to repair I’ve made a few daft decisions which have led me to the position I’m...
Replies
Views
C
Hi - I have just had a bath replaced during a bathroom renovation and the plug is now in the centre of the bath rather than at the end. It also...
Replies
Views
Hi I have these air jets in the base of my bath and when I switch the pump on only one works, it started working and lots of grime came out so I...
Replies
Views
Removing basin waste - no backnut present ? I want to replace both the tap and the waste in the cloakroom basin - the tap is showing corrosion...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock