Discuss Two combi and accumulator house advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Poppyplumbing

I have been trying to get help to replace an old heating system"
Mix of electric & oil which leaves us freezing with small tank of hot water every day

British gas came round and couldn't quote or help

Local plumber no help couldn't quote

So looks like a diy job

We have 8 bedrooms

3 baths
2 kitchens
2 showers
2 cloakrooms

No insulation
Single glazed windows
380 m2

Would like 2 combi gas boilers. An maybe accumulator to feed them
As only get 14 to18 liters a min at tap

Not interested in unvented tanks !

Any advice on what combis and accumulator to give us a reasonable system would be greatly appreciated !

This is NOT a diy job!

A combi, or even two will not do what you want it to do. An accumulator will not help.

You need a sensible, experienced gsr with g3 to look at it.

You will need to readjust your expectations and reconsider an unvented cylinder.

Post a thread here, one of us might be able to quote for you.

[DLMURL]http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/[/DLMURL]

Welcome to the forums Poppy.
Years of experience here for you however some can be slow to welcome you when you mention gas and diy, get it wrong and you may not live to regret it.

Interested in why BG wouldn`t quote.

Light commercial size of system you need, BG salesmen won't entertain as they are clueless, find another heating engineer, can always pay a consultant for design.

Not DIY job

Your gas meter is more than likely undersized to handle two combi boilers, especially if you have other gas appliances

Why won't an accumulator help?
Can it not store water up to run 2 boilers at once when water is called for at say 14/16 l per min for each boiler ?
Or is a water tank / break an a pump work better?

as above defo not diy and the only way i could see it working is a viessmann 222 and a accumulator to hold it own for when more than one tap is opened, also it depends heat load for boiler sizing

where are you located poppy?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Two combi and accumulator house advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock