Discuss Two combi and accumulator house advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Poppyplumbing

I have been trying to get help to replace an old heating system"
Mix of electric & oil which leaves us freezing with small tank of hot water every day

British gas came round and couldn't quote or help

Local plumber no help couldn't quote

So looks like a diy job

We have 8 bedrooms

3 baths
2 kitchens
2 showers
2 cloakrooms

No insulation
Single glazed windows
380 m2

Would like 2 combi gas boilers. An maybe accumulator to feed them
As only get 14 to18 liters a min at tap

Not interested in unvented tanks !

Any advice on what combis and accumulator to give us a reasonable system would be greatly appreciated !

This is NOT a diy job!

A combi, or even two will not do what you want it to do. An accumulator will not help.

You need a sensible, experienced gsr with g3 to look at it.

You will need to readjust your expectations and reconsider an unvented cylinder.

Post a thread here, one of us might be able to quote for you.

[DLMURL]http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/[/DLMURL]

Welcome to the forums Poppy.
Years of experience here for you however some can be slow to welcome you when you mention gas and diy, get it wrong and you may not live to regret it.

Interested in why BG wouldn`t quote.

Light commercial size of system you need, BG salesmen won't entertain as they are clueless, find another heating engineer, can always pay a consultant for design.

Not DIY job

Your gas meter is more than likely undersized to handle two combi boilers, especially if you have other gas appliances

Why won't an accumulator help?
Can it not store water up to run 2 boilers at once when water is called for at say 14/16 l per min for each boiler ?
Or is a water tank / break an a pump work better?

as above defo not diy and the only way i could see it working is a viessmann 222 and a accumulator to hold it own for when more than one tap is opened, also it depends heat load for boiler sizing

where are you located poppy?

Last edited:
You've been told it's not a DIY job and that your hot water use is going to vastly outweigh two combis. I would seriously be questioning any gas engineer thinking that two combis will solve your problems here. A sensibly designed system here with a properly sized unvented cylinder is probably the only method that is going to give you satisfactory results at multiple outlets. Really think you may need to reassess your demand and solution

Further to the above, i'm sure there are a lot of people on here that will be happy to offer their years of extensive experience but you can't just dig your heels in and say that you don't want one method because nobody on here is going to give you an unprofessional or unsuitable solution. As I say to a lot of customers have an open mind as you'll be much happier with the results

Further to the above, i'm sure there are a lot of people on here that will be happy to offer their years of extensive experience but you can't just dig your heels in and say that you don't want one method because nobody on here is going to give you an unprofessional or unsuitable solution. As I say to a lot of customers have an open mind as you'll be much happier with the results

if nobody understands how to use a break tank or accumulator to use this system that's ok !

its obviously beyond their remit!

people here scouting for work using a standard response is just tiresome...

but please trying to say unvented tank is the only way to heat water is retarded..
im not an 80 year old lady scared into believing drivel an following the herd. Yawn

nobody has even mentioned thermal stores or other alternatives

unvented tank = slave to corgi sorry GSR budgie that's why all the GSR plumbers tout it so much
it is like having a Chinese traction engine / bomb call it what you will in your house to make hot water!

asking advice for a certain solution just so get ridiculed shows the metal of the "plumbers here"

ps I'm 87 an my dead husband left me 10 million for getting the hot water fixed

Last edited by a moderator:
The best thing is you will get banned from plumbers forums uk if you ask questions that upset their normw

if nobody understands how to use a break tank or accumulator to use this system that's ok !

its obviously beyond their remit!

people here scouting for work using a standard response is just tiresome...

but please trying to say unvented tank is the only way to heat water is retarded..
im not an 80 year old lady scared into believing drivel an following the herd. Yawn

nobody has even mentioned thermal stores or other alternatives

unvented tank = slave to corgi sorry GSR budgie that's why all the GSR plumbers tout it so much
it is like having a Chinese traction engine / bomb call it what you will in your house to make hot water!

asking advice for a certain solution just so get ridiculed shows the metal of the "plumbers here"

ps I'm 87 an my dead husband left me 10 million for getting the hot water fixed

Obviously a troll or somebody who clearly just doesn't know what they're talking about.

Nobody is saying an unvented cylinder is the only method all they are saying is that your methodology won't work
Two combis however they are plumbed will not resolve your issue. The hot water demand in your property cannot be serviced by two Combi boilers. It is simple logistics. You open two outlets your flow splits in half and you get nothing in terms of a decent shower. If a Combi boiler can only produce 16 L of hot water a minute you are never going to get any more out of it than that so if you open two outlets very roughly speaking that is 8 L to each.

Based on your attitude though I can't be bothered with you so good luck with your failed hot water system. If he left you 10 million you might as well install a boiler for each bathroom then see how well you get on

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Two combi and accumulator house advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back