Discuss UFH & Engineered Oak Flooring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your that bothered you could do with keeping an eye on the thermostat to keep the slab bwithin the manufacturer's recommended temp.

Had this problem also regarding temperature of the engineered oak flooring.
27 C maximum they will guarantee.

I asked the company who supplied the flooring at a site meeting, what are they going to do when sunlight comes through a window and overheats the floor.

Are they going to demand that the customer has a sensor in/on the floor to switch the airconditioning on when the floor gets too hot.

It is not unrealistic that we get temperatures that exceed the maximum temperature rating of the floor inside houses in summer.

It's just a ridiculously low temperature specified so the flooring manufacturer can get out of warranty claims.

Had this problem also regarding temperature of the engineered oak flooring.
27 C maximum they will guarantee.

I asked the company who supplied the flooring at a site meeting, what are they going to do when sunlight comes through a window and overheats the floor.

Are they going to demand that the customer has a sensor in/on the floor to switch the airconditioning on when the floor gets too hot.

It is not unrealistic that we get temperatures that exceed the maximum temperature rating of the floor inside houses in summer.

It's just a ridiculously low temperature specified so the flooring manufacturer can get out of warranty claims.

Can't recall the flow rate setting. Think its around 2 on the flow meter.
Temperature setting on manifold flow is around 40 c.
Spoke to Wundafloor and they suggest setting the floor probe to 27c let it heat until probe reaches that temperature and then check the floor surface temperature with an infared thermometer. If the floor temperature registers different to 27c I can adjust the floor probe temperature setting on the stat by the corresponding difference.
So if infrared shows 23c at that point I'll set probe to 31c on the stat.
Infrared ordered - hopefully that sorts the problem. Their view is that either the probe is out of calibration or its sensing the screed temperature rather than the floor surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to UFH & Engineered Oak Flooring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock