Search the forum,

Discuss UFH manifold air vent dribbling in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Having recently replaced one of the flowmeters on our UFH manifold, why would water slowly dribble out of the air vent?

Because the only reason is wasn't leaking before was habit and you probably disturbed it, if only by looking at it askance, is the most likely reason.

It's not uncommon for these to leak it is only a float valve inside there if a little bit of dirt gets above the float then it won't shut off and will leak? it maybe possible to clean it out if you can take it apart or it may need to be replaced. Kop

It's not uncommon for these to leak it is only a float valve inside there if a little bit of dirt gets above the float then it won't shut off and will leak? it maybe possible to clean it out if you can take it apart or it may need to be replaced. Kop
I suspected it might be something like that. When I was draining the manifold prior to replacing the flowmeter, I saw little black bits in the water. As the vent is directly above the drain point, then that's probably what's happened. I'll take it off and try to clean it out. Many thanks for your input.

Removed the vent, took it apart and cleaned it out, reassembled and refitted. No joy, it still leaked, worse than before in fact. So I just bought a new one from Screwfix. Hadn't realised they were fairly cheap. Problem solved!

Reply to UFH manifold air vent dribbling in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone remember the Mira mixer shower that would work down to a really low pressure on a vented hot water system without a shower pump?
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We have hot water, tank for hot water why is the hot water boiling hot from tap,and shower, We are on a schedule for hot water via our hive app...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock