Discuss UFH on an open vented system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rick

Hi All,

I'm a customer looking to have about 40 square meters of UFH in a new ground floor extension.

The current central heating system is an old concorde with primatic cylinder that I was going to have to replaced with a Worcester 30CDi Classic, new vented cylinder and heating header tank.

Can I keep it open vented as suggested or does UFH not like vented operation? (Can air locks form?) Do I need to go for pressurised system with a 30CDi System? I was looking to keep open vented as that's how it's worked well for forty years...

Also, a heating engineer I am getting to quote suggests the bigger extension room ( 5 by 4 meters) also needs a rad? (it's an orangery room with argon atrium and window glassing - with solid walls on two sides and only the outer wall all glass).

Thanks, Rick

You could always run the ufh thorugh a plate heat exchanger, leaving your system open vented, and the ufh pressurised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to UFH on an open vented system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a three zone heating system plus water cylinder (OSO Super S 250L) on an Valliant EcoTec 637. Two CH zones and a UFH zone. Boiler is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I...
Replies
Views
A
Previously had a WB Greenstar R28 HE System boiler with 4 pipes and vented (gravity fed) cylinder. No valves or pumps outside of the boiler...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an 20yrs heat only potterton 50e boiler with 196x old house - suspended floor - designer radiators, open vent system and hot water...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back