Discuss UFH Pump - Always on? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I think the nest has an underfloor heating setting? It certainly has a "radiator" option. I think the trouble here is the pump has a permanent live, likely from a crossed wire with the grey on the 2 port valve... assuming there is one!

Does the pump run even when the boilers off?

Nest works with both electric and wet underfloor heating systems. The latter must be properly designed and well balanced to deliver a consistent and even heat pattern to give Nest a chance to work effectively.

The normal issue ( problem) is that the Nest Heatlinks for multiple zones are placed too close together and too close to “significant” metallic objects - multiple copper pipes or hot water storage tanks. Heatlinks should be spaced at least 300mm apart, preferably a lot more. To be fair this is an issue ( signal interference) with the Honeywell wireless systems too

Last edited:
Hi Jones, the pump shows the green light always, and makes a very low sound, which is mirrored through the pipes. So I’m assuming it’s doing something... even when the boiler isn’t being called.

I think the nest has an underfloor heating setting? It certainly has a "radiator" option. I think the trouble here is the pump has a permanent live, likely from a crossed wire with the grey on the 2 port valve... assuming there is one!

Does the pump run even when the boilers off?

Reply to UFH Pump - Always on? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock