Discuss Underfloor actuators working on one system but not on another? in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Downstairs I had a 12 port Hetta underfloor system installed by a plumber. Upstairs I installed an 8 port Hetta system myself using the existing pipework which had an old system on. Both systems are now fully Hetta with exactly the same components on (wiring centre, manifold, actuators, wireless stats).

The Hetta actuator has a clip on the plunger which you remove when you have attached them to the manifold which I did upstairs and it pushes the pin down closing the loop. When I call for heat the plunger pops up and you start to feel heat in the pipe. Stop asking for heat and the plunger goes down as it should.

Downstairs however the actuators have all got the clips still attached which means the plunger is in the open position so when one zone is calling for heat all the zones get heat however when I tried to remove the clips the Hetta wiring centre doesn’t open the actuator so all the zones get heat except the one that is calling for it. Even when the particular zone is turned off the plunger doesn’t go all the way down so I’m wondering why there is a difference and what can I do about it? It is happening with all the actuators on all the zones even if I swap them with actuators off my upstairs underfloor this discounting any possible issue with tue actuator. It can’t be very efficient filling all the zones with heated water every time one zone is calling for heat?

Has anybody experienced anything like this before?

Reply to Underfloor actuators working on one system but not on another? in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a 4 zone / 7 loop UFH system. 2 zones (4 loops) always get hot when the system is on when the zone thermostats and actuators are...
Replies
Views
I'm attending a wet underfloor heating system, it's an old one ..No flow meters, just adjustable valves on the returns with conventional...
Replies
Views
Hi, gotta a bit of an issue with refilling my underfloor heating. Am I right in saying that the flow meters along the manifold should be on the...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock