Discuss Underfloor heating manifold in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all.
We have underfloor heating on a couple of levels in our house. One floor was not heating and I asked advice from a plumber we have used before. I sent him pictures of the manifold in question. While this was going on I switched off fuses and replaced batteries etc. The heating has kicked into life (Yay!) but the plumber noticed a problem with the manifold from the picture. He thinks it has been plumbed in wrong but everything is working! Does it look right to you? It looks no different from the other manifold which has always worked fine. Any advice appreciated.
IMG_1473.JPG

I think, if you switch the handles on the valves and send him a photo, he might say it looks right.

That's as long as the bottom header gets warm first or the hotter of the 2 headers.
If not, it has been installed incorrectly

I think, if you switch the handles on the valves and send him a photo, he might say it looks right.

That's as long as the bottom header gets warm first or the hotter of the 2 headers.
If not, it has been installed incorrectly
Thank you, i think that is what is confusing him. The floors getting nice and warm so can't see it being an issue. Checked the neighbours and it is identical apart from the handle colours.

Reply to Underfloor heating manifold in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, gotta a bit of an issue with refilling my underfloor heating. Am I right in saying that the flow meters along the manifold should be on the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they bought it from Reliance, as per attached spec). I have dismantled the valve now 3 times and...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH...
Replies
Views
Our house was built in 2007 and we are the second family to live here - moving in in 2017. The central heating has been working fine - although...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, I’ve just moved into a house with underfloor heating and I’m not sure how to turn it on/if it’s working. I have a small black handheld...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock