Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Underfloor heating not working :( in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Susie221

I have Gedhill stainless Lite cylinder, it's been in two years
the underfloor heating worked ok in the living room and kitchen and one bedroom, the others we didn't even put on as we didn't need it, I have just had ceramic tiles put over the whole of the flat, and then only the living room was working, now that's stopped working as well ! What should I be looking at ? For ?
Last week the boiler was making a lot of sound and it's since then that the living room hasn't worked properly
Help
susie

you should look for heating technician in local ads, sorry to say as you haven't really left us any idea on whats gone wrong

Control zone valves, Solenoids, check thermostats for all zones, timer, control fuses, has someone damaged stat sensor wires, Air vents, ?
The system needs checking out by a professional on site to do full system checks

Last edited by a moderator:
Like already mentioned you defo need an engineer as it could be a number of things. The system maybe hasn't been properly vented at the start and sounds like the manifold actuators need looking at or it maybe the thermostat that controls the actuators . You can also put an add in this forum to see if you can get one of the good guys to have a look. At least that way you will get your system up to the standard it shouldve been from the start.

I bet the tiler turned off the flow restrictor on the rooms to be tiled.
The heating wasn't on when the tiler was working, I mean all thermostats in the rooms were switched to off position
and the heating didn't come on before he did the job ( we only used the living room as that was the only room that needed it) and it worked ok after tiling as well ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underfloor heating not working :( in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they bought it from Reliance, as per attached spec). I have dismantled the valve now 3 times and...
Replies
Views
I'm attending a wet underfloor heating system, it's an old one ..No flow meters, just adjustable valves on the returns with conventional...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
Hello all and hope everyone is well, New to the forum and would be very grateful for any expert help. I live in a small flat that has...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock