Discuss Uninstalling Ideal Concorde CX70 from church cellar... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Tuesday we will be attempting to remove an old Ideal concorde CX70 from a church cellar, the boiler has a dry weight of apron 330kg and the space is awkward for lifting...

I notice on the installation instructions that the boiler could and more than likely was delivered in pieces... after all of these years what are the chances of us being able to remove it in the same fashion all be it in reverse. will the pieces have fused together and require the gentle persuasion of a sledge hammer?

any advice is appreciated... and before you say, no we can't leave it down there...

On cxa there are four tie rods from front to back, can't miss em once casing gone, undo or cut em pull them out.

Use a metal wedge as Shaun said or a sharp cold chisel drive the sections apart.
One at a time.

Be careful because on that boiler, your sections ( depending on age of boiler) may be sat on the combustion chamber box at the base and not the floor but you'll see that once you start.

Got it out in 5 pieces! grinder through the 4 threaded rods and then took a hammer to them, came apart easy enough!

Tomorrow, Boarding out and first fix of 2 x 35 Cdi classic systems, Low loss header , Grunfoss magna pump and valves... Ill post some pics if anyone is interested.

Got it out in 5 pieces! grinder through the 4 threaded rods and then took a hammer to them, came apart easy enough!

Tomorrow, Boarding out and first fix of 2 x 35 Cdi classic systems, Low loss header , Grunfoss magna pump and valves... Ill post some pics if anyone is interested.

I'm interested! Boiler room pics are like frankie Vaughan to me!

i have 1 1/2" magnetic filter that still boxed if you are interested cost £400

That's good normally either solid or very easy to come apart and yes please

try getting an old heatslave down the stairs on your own, with white carpets, you soon learn how to break it down :)

I was on the Worcester oftec course a few months ago and they said somebody had fitted a danesmoor 50/70 in the LOFT... poor fireman if that place ever burns...

I was on the Worcester oftec course a few months ago and they said somebody had fitted a danesmoor 50/70 in the LOFT... poor fireman if that place ever burns...

Hope the floor got cross beams

They said it was positioned on joists on top of a supporting wall

Hahaha hope no one knocks it down :)

Only fools and horses chandelier comes to mind

Before G0200278.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Uninstalling Ideal Concorde CX70 from church cellar... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back