Search the forum,

Discuss Unknown Syphon Type in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BillyTheKId

Can anyone identify this syphon type please and where I might get one. One of the lugs on the syphon where it locates on the fixed part in the cistern has snapped off. If I can't get a new part I will probably have to change the toilet as the retaining nut is located under the cistern inside the toilet and is inaccessible. To remove the cistern would undoubtedly break it. I live near Thetford in Norfolk.

Many Thanks

IMG_0706.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0706.jpg
    IMG_0706.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 33
That looks like a Dudley syphon , send a couple of photos to there Tec dep't they will tell you.

Whose make of toilet is it? If the flush valve does need replacing it's no more then an hours work and a new doughnut seal. Depending on how it attaches it may also need a new close coupled fixing plate kit..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unknown Syphon Type in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all - Our toilet has got very difficult to flush. A couple of very quick goes on the handle will do it sometimes, but not others! So we are considering replacing the innards ourselves. I suppose the first question is: is that sensible? ;) Assuming it is, we have looked on various online...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently fitted a brand new Macdee syphon into a toilet and 4 weeks later it is broken at the nut which allows it to be serviced. When pulling the handle to flush the toilet I did notice flex in the unit but not alot. Is this a common issue to happen with newer 2 part (serviceable...
Replies
Views
Where to source this type of toilet seat from ? Does anyone know where to source one of these nowadays, been advised it's about 35 years old now and was a french type one. Are the obsolete now, and only top or bottom connection fixings exist or are they source from a website possibly.? Any...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a noisy cistern that appears to be leaking into the pan a little but also making a very frustrating water noise from inside, I have attached a picture of the offending item that is dripping water constantly. Guessing the whole lot needs replacing but not sure what to ask for when...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock