Discuss Unvented Cylinder Query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I’ve recently moved into a property which currently has a combi boiler, two bathrooms, one power shower and one electric shower. I’m wanting to change this out for an unvented system with two showers operating from the cylinder. Both showers would run at 20 LPM. My current water supply is 15MM which is located at the back of the property. I don’t want the stress or cost of rerouting 25MM into the property. Here is my query as follows: I currently have 20 LPM and an unbelievable 8 BAR pressure I am considering putting either an accumulator or a pumped accumulator into the loft and then feeding the water supply thereafter. However, I don’t know if I require an accumulator with that amount of pressure or anywhere that would tell me what size accumulator I would require with a 300
litre unvented cylinder. Many thanks for any advice you can offer.

I’d recommend you get a G3 qualified engineer in to design it for you as you will need one to install the cylinder anyway

And another biggie is.... if you go down the route of an accumulator and cylinder( maybe in the loft) is the weight. I’d hazard a guess the accumulator will be nigh on the size of the cylinder. So a rough guesstimate of around 700kg of weight in the loft, so you’ll have to look at a structural engineer to design a structure/ added joists to accommodate the weight

Reply to Unvented Cylinder Query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Hi all, I have an OSO Direct 210 hit water cylinder installed in my home, with 2 switches (on/off; and boost). The boiler is for hot water only...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
Hi guys, I have a question regarding converting an open vent system (copper cylinder) to pressurized, reason being not enough drop from the loft...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock