Discuss Unvented Cylinder set up via gas system boiler and time clock in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

More info. Thermostat is still clicking at 40 degrees despite being on hour. Water from boiler coming in circa 65degrees.

I have an old FLIR camera and decided to testthe Temp of straight hot from the tap unmixed and it is 61deg...

Now that says to me the Thermostat is faulty and needs replaced, would you agree?

Also i noticed that only the brown and grey wires arw connected in the Danfoss, the other 3 wires are clipped off.

Have you used the ESI digital? Seeing mixed reviews nd want to get a good reliable Thermo that will install easy.

Thanks again

There should be a screw or two on the stat that hold it to the tank on the barrel indo these the probes are extended about 4” correct ?

And is the boiler constantly fired eg always on when it was heating the hot water ?

There should be a screw or two on the stat that hold it to the tank on the barrel indo these the probes are extended about 4” correct ?

And is the boiler constantly fired eg always on when it was heating the hot water ?
There are 3 screws. I wonder if i was to have a thermos of say 60DEG water, unscrew the thermo and place the probes in ithe water, that should be a fair test to see if they are functioning correctly?

Not the front cover ones there should be two that connects it to the cylinder

Yep or a heat producing device

I now believe the flexible probes just are not sitting deep enough in the pocket, i dont know if my trial and error repositioning and trying to hit the 2 internal sleeves and deep enough is working, but i will continue...

Are there any other brands of thermostat that work well with pocket type cylinders?

You should be able to pull a bit more out eg to make them longer if that helps

Reply to Unvented Cylinder set up via gas system boiler and time clock in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft...
Replies
Views
M
I am currently in the middle of a complete rennovation of my house and need some advice on what kind of boiler to get. The house will have 4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock