Discuss unvented cylinder v combi store in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

The big problem is technically it doesn’t comply with building regs I would try my best to size to it where practical

Maybe go down the route of upgrading the insulation levels etc which will reduce the Heatloss or tripple glazing etc

T33 are good aslong as you have a hand lifting them and it’s a solid wall / you hafe support / find the studs etc as most are around 60/100kg

Hi Shaun (and everyone else)
I've nearly got my head around the rad sizings.
So... flow temp from boiler 55c gives a DT25. Rads are sold advertised at DT50. Conversion factor is 0.406.
If a room has a heat loss of 1000w, 1000/0.406 = 2463w radiator.
In practice, I'm sure fitting radiators with an output equal to the heat loss often works because we calculate heat loss at -1 EAT (down south, anyway) and we rarely have it as cold as that. In theory, you've left nil margin for intermittent heating. Most plumbers seem to add a bit on, though I haven't decided what my personal opinion is.

Reply to unvented cylinder v combi store in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Hi all, I'm due to install my first unvented cylinder. (I've had my unvented ticket for several years, but not actually done a brand new unvented...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions...
Replies
Views
Hi, am getting our bathroom updated and local company suggested ditching our traditional attic CW tank/vented cylinder and pump for the shower and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock