Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented discharge pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A customer of mine has asked me to fit an unvented cylinder, I am not qualified so she will need to get somebody who is to fit it. However I was checking where all the pipes could be run and I have a question about the termination of the discharge pipe. She wants the cylinder fitted in an old stable conversion, this has been converted in to 2 holiday cottages with a common entrance foyer. The entrance foyer is still as it was with stone flags on the floor and in the corner is a trapped gully. The grate on this gully is about 100mm below floor level and the water level about 100mm below that, it was obviously used when the stables were in use. Could this gully be used for the discharge pipe? I have checked the G3 regulations and nowhere does it say a trapped gully has to be outside. It would be a better place to terminate it as the only other alternative is to the front of the old stone building where it would have to terminate above the ground and have a wire cage over the end. This would spoil the ascetics of the building.

Would think this would be fine if the gulley was covered. But I have never done one to an inside gulley. Why not do the unvented ticket? Not a big deal.

I plan to do the ticket when I get the time and a suitable location. In fact if anybody knows anywhere that does the course near to Stamford or within reasonable travelling distance I would be interested.

Probably one of the easiest things to pass & will mean you can add "Unvented hot water systems" to your list for advertising.
Was thinking a phone call to the local building authority would advise if inside gulley was acceptable for discharge.

Sounds OK. Try 1st Training in Huntingdon for your Unvented, they are very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented discharge pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock