Discuss Up & Down CO/CO2 Ratio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISM

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just got back from a breakdown on a Glowworm Fuelsaver MK2, fixed the fault and gave it a good service, as the customer commented it not been done for at least 5 years!! Stuck the analyser and I could not get a reading to stablelise.

I was getting readings of 0.0040, 0.0073, 0.0021, 0.0095 and CO readings generally really high, at one point it was 1982 PPM!!

Burner pressure ok, working pressue ok, burner ok, seals ok, flue ways ok. It was however, slightly windy down the passage where the flue was.

I had to leave the appliance AR and informed the customer I would pop back tomorrow, with the hope that it will be less windy to get a fairer test, but I am wanting to know if anyone has ever experienced this, because as to yet I have not. Also, would these fluctating readings point to a defective part within the appliance?

Any thoughts welcome.

firstly is your gas analyzer calibrated, secondly where were you taking test form using you analyzer?

Stick your analyser in your own boiler flue before you go back tomorrow.

Did you strip out burner and give a good clean? Heat exchanger clean?
Remove flue inspect hatch and clean/inspect flue.
BP sitting stable?
If so would not worry about it too much. As you mentioned strong winds may be causing a bit of fluctuation on your readings.

serviced one last wk and had same sinario . stripped and cleaned . burner removed and washed out and cleaned heat ex and flue.was ok 0.0020 until wind blew then went up and down like yours .put it down to the wind effecting the balanced flue.

ant

Cant see the point of putting a FGA in a boiler of this age as long as all other readings are ok and seals etc, is it now a requirment to FGA every boiler ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Up & Down CO/CO2 Ratio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock