Discuss Urgent Help (Rad changed, and refilled system, but no water) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gungaabayar

Hi All

I just changed bathroom rad and refilled the open vent system leaving all rads bleeding valve open,
but no water come to rads. what Ive done wrong? help me please

cheers

rad valves open?

if yes is there any water in the f and e tank (normally in the loft)

if yes sounds like cold feed block/ valve shut in the airing cupboard

Could be the ball valve stuck in the off (up) position. As they rarely move, the can jam!
Go in the loft ad force the valve arm up and down until it starts to fill.

Blockage in feed pipe, air lock or valve broken closed.

rad valves open?

if yes is there any water in the f and e tank (normally in the loft)

if yes sounds like cold feed block/ valve shut in the airing cupboard

feed tank valve is working, I cleaned the small tank, and opened the valve again, water is in the tank now,

do I have to leave all rad valves open or shut when I start to refill the heating system,

There was some jelly thingy was in the tank, I wiped them out. could it block the feed pipe or not,

How to check if cold feed pipe blocked, if yes how can I remove the block plese
cheers

if you have water in your f and e tank and you have opened the air tap on the empty rad cold feed blocked

and best to leave all rad vales open when filling

time to call a heating eng out (as to remove the blockage is either cut or of flush with mains water )

As others have said you have a blockage. Short term solution, if you have hose and convenient drain off point. Attach hose to drain off, open valve, and fill system from bottom up. Might even push blockage back to F&E tank. Vent all points, including pump.

although back filling the system usually helps, I wouldn't attempt it if you are at all unsure of your abilities and certainly not at this time of night.

although back filling the system usually helps, I wouldn't attempt it if you are at all unsure of your abilities and certainly not at this time of night.

Diagram.JPG

this is the heating system diagram of my flat. Also there is a magna filter and auto air vent just before the boiler on the retun side. There were no water both of side of pump cos I checked it. Ball and gate valve on the F E tank is working. (I checked),

someone adviced me cut the cold feed pipe at the tee (Red circled on the photo) and use screwdriver to clean the sludge up and reassemble with speedfit( compressing) coupling,

Most likely blockage is there where cold and hot water often meets said,

Any advice on it please
cheers

P.S.
First Snow of the Year, No heating but many words from mrs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diagram doesn't look right vent and cold feed should be much closer than that you may have the wrong pipe. It could just be how it's drawn though. You're probably in the right ball park however you'd be better if cutting out the whole 'H' section though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Urgent Help (Rad changed, and refilled system, but no water) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock