Discuss Vaillant boiler taking ages to get to target temperature in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

Wondering if you could help with this strange issue.

I have a Vaillant ecotec 637 (set to 20kw part load) which was connected via a LLH to my system of 3 zones; DHW and 2 radiator zones. The gas usage was high and didn’t feel the boiler was modulating, so yesterday I decided to remove the LLH and just connect directly to the boiler. I noticed today with the target temp of 75, the boiler was sat around 60 after an hour and even after a few hours it’s only just about got the 70degC. Also when initial heating called for the boiler modulates down to a small flame and takes a while for it to ramp up.

This is strange as with the LLH I never had this issue and easily got the target temp and stayed there. Now I know most likely I’ll need to refit the header, but wondered why the boiler doesn’t ramp up straight away?

Thanks in advance

Just to add the ground floor has 10 rads and the upstairs circuit (1st and loft) has 8 rads. If both zones on, the boiler now won’t ever get to set temp and will sit around 57degc

Last edited:
Just checked all rads, based on deltaT50 values upstairs circuit 14.8kw and downstairs 18.7kw. We run the heating at 70-75degC and have a very uninsulated house - needs new windows and loft insulation

When you removed the LLH how have you reconfigured the pumps?

If configured incorrectly (pumping arrangement) it is probable that the boiler performance response is being limited by the temperature differential (high) across the heat exchanger

Last edited:
If any one zone or/and a number of zones are > than 20kw then the boiler will hardly reach target temp?.
The reason it was with the LLH was possibly because the secondary (rad) flow was greater than the primary flow and was diluting ( by recirculating) the boier flow to give reduced rad inlet flows = reduced rad output.
what are d.40&d.41 values now?. You will have to increase d.00, there was a good reason for installing that LLH, wonder why you thought it was causing excessive gas consumption.

If any one zone or/and a number of zones are > than 20kw then the boiler will hardly reach target temp?.
The reason it was with the LLH was possibly because the secondary (rad) flow was greater than the primary flow and was diluting ( by recirculating) the boier flow to give reduced rad inlet flows = reduced rad output.
what are d.40&d.41 values now?. You will have to increase d.00, there was a good reason for installing that LLH, wonder why you thought it was causing excessive gas consumption.
D40/41 is 57/44.

Maybe I just put the LLH back in

Reply to Vaillant boiler taking ages to get to target temperature in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for taking the time to read this. I've been trying to diagnose why my gas consumption is so high and been doing various...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I was wondering if you set a boiler flow temperature at lets say 50 degrees and your unvented indirect cylinder is at 55 degrees - is it...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock