Discuss Vaillant boiler taking ages to get to target temperature in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

You do realise that extra 15 degrees is wasted energy/ warming the return up so not required

Does the boiler pump manage the load eg heats all of the rads etc ?

You do realise that extra 15 degrees is wasted energy/ warming the return up so not required

Does the boiler pump manage the load eg heats all of the rads etc ?
Is 60degC the ideal flow temp?

I need to check all rads when just on boiler pump, I had checked earlier downstairs and a few in the 1st floor but not all of them and not the loft rads

Well ideally your return needs to be below 50 for condensing boilers to be happy and with sensor mad vaillants this is a must also with your split as it won’t reach max burn / temps unless the split and temp rise is within spec (split is the difference between flow and return ideally 20dc)

Well ideally your return needs to be below 50 for condensing boilers to be happy and with sensor mad vaillants this is a must also with your split as it won’t reach max burn / temps unless the split and temp rise is within spec (split is the difference between flow and return ideally 20dc)
Thanks. I’ve turned down flow to 65dC and will see how that goes.

Do you have any thoughts on replacing hive controls with one that can modulate the boiler better and set different flow temps for hw/ch?

Thanks. I’ve turned down flow to 65dC and will see how that goes.

Do you have any thoughts on replacing hive controls with one that can modulate the boiler better and set different flow temps for hw/ch?

There brilliant and priority hot water and wc heating but you will have cooler rads then stock temp etc

There brilliant and priority hot water and wc heating but you will have cooler rads then stock temp etc
Thanks. Vaillant controls are a bit of a mine field, not sure exactly what I would need? Vr66 wiring centre, weather comp sensor, not sure of which thermostats for both floors and then how to incorporate a vr10 sensor for dhw temp.

Hw priority would be great, can set flow at higher temp for quicker recharge

Last edited:
Thanks. Vaillant controls are a bit of a mine field, not sure exactly what I would need? Vr66 wiring centre, weather comp sensor, not sure of which thermostats for both floors and then how to incorporate a vr10 sensor for dhw temp.

Hw priority would be great, can set flow at higher temp for quicker recharge
Are you thinking of not re installing the LLH?.
How are the rads performing now at 65C??, if the return is like the previous 47C then you will be getting reasonable condensing and you may be able to further reduce the target temp. Are you still just running one zone at the time with d.00 set to 20kw or both with d.00 set to 30kw or whatever?.

Are you thinking of not re installing the LLH?.
How are the rads performing now at 65C??, if the return is like the previous 47C then you will be getting reasonable condensing and you may be able to further reduce the target temp. Are you still just running one zone at the time with d.00 set to 20kw or both with d.00 set to 30kw or whatever?.
I’m thinking of leaving it for a bit as it is and see how it goes. Rads seem to be performing fine at 65c, don’t want to reduce anymore as cylinder heat up times will need to be increased hence the thought of changing controls for hw priority on a higher flow temp. Still running d.0 at 20kw and single zone at a time

Given how much is being being built on the assumption, I'd want to check (using a stopwatch) and the gas meter, that the power the boiler claims to be delivering to the system matches the amount of gas being consumed.

Re install LLH.

Move second filter from primary flow to secondary return in to LLH.

Set secondary pump to constant. You want LLH flow in/out to be the same to prevent return water mixing. Can roughly check with temp probes on all LLH connections.

Set boiler to auto, not limited.

Get a vaillant LLH sensor (ntc) and attach to LLH and boiler.

Set to 65c, ensure return is low enough to condensate.

Forget about it and spend your energy somewhere else :).

Reply to Vaillant boiler taking ages to get to target temperature in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for taking the time to read this. I've been trying to diagnose why my gas consumption is so high and been doing various...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I was wondering if you set a boiler flow temperature at lets say 50 degrees and your unvented indirect cylinder is at 55 degrees - is it...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock