Discuss Vaillant ecoTec plus boiler whining and disturbing noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John_London

Dear everyone,

I have a Vaillant ecoTec Boiler in my bedroom and it is making really loud and disturbing noises throughout the day again and again. Sometimes it is relatively quiet, then it is really loud again. These episodes last from a couple of minutes to over an hour and happen any time, also during the night.:dead: It sounds like a broken engine with some whining in between.

I've taken 2 videos and uploaded them:
https://vimeo.com/146895454
https://vimeo.com/146898739

Please especially note the change of noise at 0:15 in the first video.
In the first video I also opened the boiler in the end so you can see the settings and the display.
I'm not an expert but the flame seems to indicate that it's firing up for the heating (symbol in the middle) even though the temperature is already 68°C.

The heating and warm water is working fine. Pressure also seems to be fine. However, I noticed that the rotary switch that controls the temperature of the heating (the lower swich of the two big round ones) comes off easily if you pull it and is not connected to the boiler. Therefore you can't change the temperature settings for the heating.

Do any of you guys have an ideas on what I should do and how this could be fixed?I really appreciate your help :smile5:
John

Sounds like you were sitting on a moped when you filmed that. Nothing you can do - as above, you need an engineer to take a look...

alright, problem has been solved by my landlord last week. The boiler needed a new pump and is now quiet as a mouse.

I'd ring gas safe if I were you if he has.

He's placed you in a situation of risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant ecoTec plus boiler whining and disturbing noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock