Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant EcoTec Pro comes on randomly in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

chuckles1066

Banned
Hello,

I hope one of you good people can help. We have a Vaillant ecoTec Pro boiler, it's about six years old.

Today, for the first time, it's started acting up. By that I mean it's heating the radiators even though the portable thermostat thing that sits down here shows that the temperature is fine.

Additionally, there is no little flame on the thermostat to show that the boiler should be working when it's humming away upstairs.

It was serviced in July.

Now I'm more than happy to be in a position where I have heat as opposed to none at this time of year.......but can anyone shed any light on what might be up?

There are no fault codes on the boiler......it just seems to be doing its own thing. For example, I woke up at 1a.m this morning and realised the radiators were hot!

Any thoughts appreciated.

Is there the option to "reboot" the boiler in case it's just having a moment?

Thank you in advance.

Reply to Vaillant EcoTec Pro comes on randomly in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Vaillant Ecotec Plus 832 boiler is 13 years old, 4 of which since we've been living there, started to play up in last couple of months. An...
Replies
Views
J
Morning all, My Vallient Ecotec Plus 831 is stored in the loft and is connected to Hive. It is coming on randomly at various times of the day, but...
Replies
Views
J Hughes
J
I am considering replacing my existing boiler with the new 2023 Vaillant ecotec plus 625 boiler. I currently have 3 x Heatmiser neoStat...
Replies
Views
I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 boiler and would greatly appreciate your expert advice. The Problem: Heating...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock