Currently reading:
vaillant on a one pipe

Discuss vaillant on a one pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybob150811

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
can it be done is it okey its a domestic property had a pott prima b/f a cylinder on gravity and a pump on 15mm doing what appears to be a one pipe its bottom entry opposite end for the rads and my mate is fitting an 831 I just want to know if it will work okey

you could have problems but let us know how it goes

That will not work ok i think youll struggle to get 24kw of heating round 15mm system anyway.. You will not realise any efficiency savings from the new boiler and it doesnt meet building regs standards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done a few a round here and they've all worked
More efficient than what was there before (bbu etc) but not as good as they should be

Vaillant and worcester say their boilers will work on a one pipe system but the efficiency will be reduced.
I have an email from them from a few years back

Fit a small low loss header or connect it with closely spaced tees. You'll still get the correct flow rates either side then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vaillant on a one pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock