Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss vaillant on a one pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybob150811

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
can it be done is it okey its a domestic property had a pott prima b/f a cylinder on gravity and a pump on 15mm doing what appears to be a one pipe its bottom entry opposite end for the rads and my mate is fitting an 831 I just want to know if it will work okey

Fitted Worcesters on this type a few times & had no probs

you could have problems but let us know how it goes

Contact vaillant technical is your best bet. You don't want to cause yourself problems.

That will not work ok i think youll struggle to get 24kw of heating round 15mm system anyway.. You will not realise any efficiency savings from the new boiler and it doesnt meet building regs standards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done a few a round here and they've all worked
More efficient than what was there before (bbu etc) but not as good as they should be

Vaillant and worcester say their boilers will work on a one pipe system but the efficiency will be reduced.
I have an email from them from a few years back

Yes it works, fitted an 828 to a one pipe, it was 22mm though with 15 tees up to rads. Worked fine.

It works, as long as you connect it exactly in the right place. Don't try moving the boiler!

Fit a small low loss header or connect it with closely spaced tees. You'll still get the correct flow rates either side then.

Fit a small low loss header or connect it with closely spaced tees. You'll still get the correct flow rates either side then.

That's an awfull long way round a short problem.

How else can you connect a boiler with differing flow rates?

It's not a long way round, it's very easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vaillant on a one pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have just installed a vented McDonald 250L thermal store, it is for multi fuel but currently just connected to a standard oil boiler in...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock