Discuss Vaillant S53 Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

westyvip

Just installed a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 428 on a pretty large system about 20 rads. Im happy that iv sized the boiler correctly just struggling to get over the S53 circualtion problem. Boiler is in garage and cylinder is upstairs in loft. I have fitted 2 heating zones (upstairs/downstairs) and relocated all zone valves and pump into loft at cylinder. Problem im having is that boiler wont fire on full rate and is just idling around 40/50 degrees due to too large temperature difference betweem flow and return. I have utilised existing 15/60 pump so am wondering if this may be problem and need a new pump fitting? Any other suggestions as to what i could do to get boiler firing......maybe fit a small bypass type circuit closer to boiler to trick it into thinking return temp is higher?

Wouldn't you think it would boost to max rate because of the temp diff not stay idling? What difference and temps you reading F&R? Any air in pump/system? If you're getting to great a temp diff then you've got circulation problems IMO.... Personally I don't like stuff in lofts especially pumps, all that extra work it has to do will be a strain on it I'd imagine .. drag water all the way to the roof just to push it all the way back down again .... Nightmare to balance I'd imagine? Ho-hum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant S53 Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock