Discuss Valiant Ecotech Plus 637 - Error F76 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

A couple of weeks ago my Valiant Ecotech Plus 637 displayed Error F76. Boiler is 13 years old; serviced annually.

I power cycled the boiler and it operated for ~10 days before hitting the same error again; I once again power cycled the boiler and it was in operation for ~24 hours before displaying the F76 once again. I power cycled it and it ran for just a few hours before hitting F76 for a third time.

I have now power cycled and done a P0 test and the boiler is back in operation for the last couple of hours.

Clearly this isn’t the thermal fuse and I would be suspect if it is wiring given the fact that reset clears this condition. I have come up with a potential trigger however… Whilst the central heating side of the boiler has been untouched; I have over the last couple of weeks turned the water off for a period and drained some hot water from the megaflow. Once was as we were away for several days (I did turn off the H/W heating whilst away). On our return we hit this error 4 days later. Yesterday, the water was turned off and some H/W drained to replace a shower.

its an overheat ntc on the boiler that will throw that fault, try turning temp. down to 50, running boiler for a day or two make sure your air bleed is open on pump, see how that goes.

So, I lowered the radiator temp to ~55 degrees and ever since the boiler has been stable. It must be temperature related but clearly my boiler must have an underlying fault. I will have a plumber check the wiring etc but it will get me by for now. I'll tend to it ahead of the winter.

Reply to Valiant Ecotech Plus 637 - Error F76 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
I have an old Modena 80 E combi boiler that is randomly short cycling on windy days. The burner goes out and re-ignites within a few seconds and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me out with an issue I have with my baxi duotec boiler. Basically, the hot water temperature has...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Vokera 15 vhe boiler and all has been running well for the last 6 months since moving in up until a few weeks a go. Boiler throws up...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a Ferroli SKY F 14 instant water heater that shows error A01. Once I hit reset the water heater fires up normally and modulates...
Replies
Views
Back