Discuss van deals help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

voivod

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Looking to get another van . We have started to get a lot of work and me and partner now need separate vans.
Cant decide whether to just buy another second hand ...or go for new.
Then there is hire /lease/contract ...aaargh
so may minefields.
What did you lot do?
have been thinking of a primastar /vivaro ..or even a nv400.
recommendations please

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat mate. I've out grown my van and desperately need to carry more stuff. I'm kind of leaning toward second hand but am not a car/van expert its a bit of a minefield.

When buying a second van your going to have to get something's fixed at some point depending on millage obviously like I bought my van drove round for 4 days and the slave cylinder went £460 but it
could of wend a week month year after I bought it that's the chance you take,

I would stay away from Vivaro unless they have fixed them?
My brothers employer bought one a few years ago had to have the gear box changed 3/4 times costing around 1500 each time. He still has it and at the moment it is going ok but he could have probably bought a brand new van for the cost repairs + buying the van

Apparently they have a gearbox out of a vauxhall vectra and the casings stretch/warp

Heard quite a few people with them similar issues

Other than that they are a nice comfy van

Don't get the nv400 blinking awful van to drive and made like a tin can. Go for a 2nd hand transit. Still the best value for money in my opinion.

Just had a look in a nv400 l2h2...looked immpressive beast.
whats wrong wiith them?? didnt drive it

Just had a look in a nv400 l2h2...looked immpressive beast.
whats wrong wiith them?? didnt drive it
Just a posers van. Totally useless for plumbing. Good if you want to carry a ton of gravel!
second hand transit every time.
on a side note, might be selling mine soon. 07 lwb 150hp ,racked out, 95,000 miles. £5000 + vat

can fit 3m lengths of copper in it ..what is wrong with it? Spoke to some guys (granted not plumbers) who said they were great vans?

We have 3 nv200 and they are awesome. Also buying 2 electric ones next tax year. Fabulous

U can fit 3m tube in u need to cut bulkhead under passenger seat and your away. Forget fuel bills I've done 9k on fumes

My traffic was a good van bought it with 8k on the clock and only problem ever was discs and a new alternator .
I always go new if I can 3 years of no bills !
Used to buy kangoo registered to a hire company for 6 months even though we drove them off the day of registration something about a demo van !
Guy from nissan told me the other day the new transit is a fantastic drive compared to the traffic , vivaro,primastar even though he sells them ! He said it is a no win contest .
Have had oer 50 new motors in my time and touch wood never a problem and I never ever take them back for a service !

I would stay away from Vivaro unless they have fixed them?
My brothers employer bought one a few years ago had to have the gear box changed 3/4 times costing around 1500 each time. He still has it and at the moment it is going ok but he could have probably bought a brand new van for the cost repairs + buying the van

Apparently they have a gearbox out of a vauxhall vectra and the casings stretch/warp

Heard quite a few people with them similar issues

Other than that they are a nice comfy van

The Vivario is a Renault traffic, which is a nissan primastar. All renaults and all french.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to van deals help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock