Discuss Van Racking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I have just bought my first van. A citroen dispatch which is perfect.

However I have no racking for it. Can anyone recommend a good place to get racking or is it best just to build it for yourself.

Many thanks

Paul

Try gumtree , it's were mine came from, by the time I made it fit there wasn't much left of the original racking lol

Got mine from local scrapyard, they get all sorts of new and old stuff in just happened that while I went in for a Transit Bulkhead it was fully fitted with racking. Asked how much and told I could take it for free, job done !!

I was in this dilemma many, many years ago.

I thought I would build my own....

Loaded up the van....headed off to work... 3rd speed hump.......CRASH.CRASH. CRASH.

The whole lot collapsed and the back of the van looked like a bomb had gone off.

Hi
I have just bought my first van. A citroen dispatch which is perfect.

However I have no racking for it. Can anyone recommend a good place to get racking or is it best just to build it for yourself.

Many thanks

Paul

just get good van locks , as they are very poor designed ,

i should no , I've been broke into 7 times

If your on a budget and its not a pristine new van, I would build my own ply racking as I have done a couple times, as you can suit it for yourself.

If it's a brand new van then use ready made Sortimo and Clearboxes. They are more expensive but much better to work from imo.

By the time youve messed with buying wood and made and cut enough racking you could have bought some cheap second hand stuff.

I thought of that and was going to be too expensive and time consuming.

You have a bread and butter van - loads out there.

But each to thier own :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van Racking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back