Search the forum,

Discuss Van sign writing. Is it worth it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paulplumb

What do y'all think of van signage? Do you really think or know that it brings in work?

Thanks in advance.

It is hit and miss I would never get a number off a van whilst it driving. But when they are parked on a street it is advertising that you are a plumber and could bring some work in. But in my opinion the main advantage is it gives your company a pleasing professional look. Not to say if you don't have it you are not professional.
To be honest these are the reasons that sway me to writing but my overruling factor that stops me getting it done is when you cut people up or give other people agro on the road you have just gave them your name and number.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the quick reply. I think I may stick to a plain white van. I upset lots of people by abiding by the speed limits to save fuel. Not that I'm tight or anything ;-)

Thanks Macplumb

Very true. I didn't let some bully boy out at a junction the other day. He was going totally mental, and I thought, oh great...he's probably going to turn up at my front door and kill me!!!

That said, I've had a few jobs from my signage. Which means it's now paid for. So anything else is a bonus.

I think it pays to have a few registration bodies on there (BPEC, Gas Safe, Oftec, Corgi) but you don't want to look like a race car, and you want to make sure you are a member of said body, or you could find yourself on rogue traders!

I would never have anything from a van with no name on it, what are you frightened of.
Gives a proffessional image

Hi Its similar to your web site Paul, the more you put advertising about the greater the response.

I have always had sign written vans,never got much direct work from it
But indirectly,it gives you a presence around your area,when people ask friends for a plumber and your name is given,they think/say.oh yes seen his can about,gives the impression of stability and being part of the community,that can only be good,

The negative is you become a target for thieves and low life,they see the plumbers sign and think,scrap,tools,fittings that can be re sold

Also have mentioned before signed vans are targeted more for spot checks by authorities over unmarked vans ,as they know any fines that can be inflicted will be paid as legit company

imho

My van's unmarked but then the job i've got involves going into a fair few government buildings, prisons, police stations and courthouses........

The way things are going over here again I might as well paint a target on the side of it as have it sign written!

I like these van threads ...

P2210015.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the magnetic ones that I use when needed. So mine are either stuck on the outside or the inside of the van as sometimes you do not need your details on full view.

I have the magnetic ones that I use when needed. So mine are either stuck on the outside or the inside of the van as sometimes you do not need your details on full view.

What like when you are going in and out of the scrap yards or pulling up to the back door of the plumbers merchants :eek::eek::p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van sign writing. Is it worth it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock