Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Van Sign writing. What do you think? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

md68

Just got some mock ups of my new van from my sign writer.
What do you think? Should I list some services?

Attachments

• phoenix_2.jpg
    phoenix_2.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 156
  • phoenix_3.jpg
    phoenix_3.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 169
Looks good, distinctive and memorabale. On list services its a tough one to call, too much and it could detract not enough and could miss out.

Looks good mate, i think people would remember it., As for the services I think Plumbing and heating pretty much sums it up

Really good one! Jumps out at ya! ....
Would your mobile number be the more appropriate number to display? Just a thought as, if you're like me, I'll answer my mobile coz its been surgically attached to me, but I am not so quick with the answer phone when I get in... I haven't got a secretary!!!! :-(

so do you compensate customers if you are running late then?

Ilike it,needs sign writing on the front to go with that graphic or nothing at all on the front,

Really good one! Jumps out at ya! ....
Would your mobile number be the more appropriate number to display? Just a thought as, if you're like me, I'll answer my mobile coz its been surgically attached to me, but I am not so quick with the answer phone when I get in... I haven't got a secretary!!!! :-(

As we have so many old people in my area I have found that it gives them confience if they can call a land line number but everything get diverted to my mobile so I can always answer no matter where I am.

so do you compensate customers if you are running late then?

The secret is to give a customer a time slot. I always tell them I will be with them between X & Y. With between half an hour to two hour gap depending on the jobs I've got on before their appointment and so far I have never been late.

It's sad to say but I have always been a bit anal about time keeping.

I'm always on time due to the time slot method. Normally I tell them I'll be with them sometime between monday and friday :)

Looks great, very eye catching!!

But if you leave boiler flames looking like the colour of the flames on your van you'll be in trouble!! he he

I don't like it bit tacky for me not contemporary enough. Colours are nothing special and the logo looks like a tatoo or something. It definately looks daft with the logo in orange under red writing, talk about clashing! I'd change the designer if that's the best he can do. Just being honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't beat around the bush tackleburger ...

I think it looks alright. It's unusual but unusual is memorable. And yes the flame is superfluous but it's all about being remembered to be honest. Advertisers often put out ads they know people will be annoyed by but will remember. Go compare.

not sure WT ,for me standard and classic will do the job as we are advertising business to mid and elderly people as they are the one with £ ,we are not advertising to catch the 17-22 age boys and good looking girls IMHO

Still think it looks ridiculous and he ought to avoid using the bloke who came up with that. How can you guys say that big red writing looks good over an orange badge thing, come one surely others can see thing is bad design work. Look at some of the best brands usually simple, uncluttered sometimes irrelevant to the product (you need a good product and money for that though) Apple, Orange, Virgin....the later being paid a shed load by NTL for using a name didn't know that did you? Google phoenix plumbing there's loads of them some logo's are good some are poor but better ideas. I'mm glad he came one here hopefully he'll get a better job done now.

I'm with Tackleburger, Not keen on the logo, when i comes to van signage less is defiantly more. People only have a split second to take in the info on your van as you drive past and my eyes would be drawn straight to the logo and i'd miss the important stuff like tel: numbers.
I got friends in the marketing / advertising industry, they all say make your web address stick out the most as people tend to remember web addresseshttp://www.addresses more than tel: numbers.
Getting my van done on Thursday, keeping it nice and simple, will post a picture when its done so you can all have a laugh ;)

That looks okay nice and easy on the eye nice clean pair of vans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van Sign writing. What do you think? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock