Search the forum,
  • Thread starter JCSPLUMBING
  • Start date
  • Replies 25
  • Views 4K
  • van

Discuss Van sorting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JCSPLUMBING

Hi all I require som advice on some organisation for my van as its a pain in the rear to find anything as is piled high on top of each other. I have a vauxhall vivaro and would love some ideas on sorting it out. I'm currently sorting it now and the amount of stuff I've bought twice because I didn't realise I had them is ridiculous. I'm sure I could save time and money by sorting it properly.

Yes I know what you mean regarding buying things twice. Van racking can be adjusted to fit any van, i bought mine of gumtree.
My future son in law (maybe) whos a sparks ( yer I know ) has a VW transporter and works off the floor. One weekend racking the van out would save him so much time.

I may we'll take tge plunge and get a chippy to rack it for me. I'm sick of untangling hose pipes and leads etc every day

I racked mine out myself, took me a Saturday to do and isn't perfect but does the job.

There is another post with photos, might give you ideas.

2015-05-10 20.25.51.jpg van racking helps a bit see tha back of my mk7 transit also led strip lights on ceiling

Find there is only so much you can do with racking practically,the idea is good but put to practice just does not work that well
Think the two rules I have found is be disciplined in what you carry and I always put a false bottom in so my floor is raised up the height of my plastic store boxes I have,so can get to from back and sides
Tools and every day,job stuff go on raised floor
And while on the subject a cheap security device .especially with all these new dodgy locks is a small toy curled up dog looking asleep placed on front passenger seat :)

The bigger the van the harder it is to keep everything organised. Or just get an apprentice.

ive used bread crates under a false floor in the past two at the back and one by the side door just slide them out like drawers

I find whatever you have - racking or stacked boxes - you will most likely end up with double of everything no matter how ocd you are!
As Stanios said... Get an apprentice! Tell him if he doesn't keep the van clean and tidy, he doesn't get paid on a Friday!

I've had one apprentice before and he buggered off as soon as he qualified. My next one is my son but as he's only 8, I have a while to wait. I'm just going to keep it simple and do a few racks on one side with a sub floor. That'll do for now.

I've had one apprentice before and he buggered off as soon as he qualified. My next one is my son but as he's only 8, I have a while to wait. I'm just going to keep it simple and do a few racks on one side with a sub floor. That'll do for now.

At 8 years old he's most probably better than the last few apprentices I've had!!!

If you go to plumbingzone.com and search general plumbing for vans - then follow similar threads - you will see an amazing assortment of clever and ingenious van rack ups.

Its a US site so vehicles tend to be bigger but there's plenty of ideas to steal.

when ever ive fitted racking with the hook on bins i angle it backwards a little to stop stuff rolling out same with shelving for crates or f and e tanks

I have just bought dewalt tough system boxes that stack interlocked, they are quite good but expensive. My advise is find good storage and then build racking around it as I have wasted space in my van where my new storage containers don't fit the shelving very well. Also I have found hooks pretty useful to hang leads, pipes on etc. i have the Nissan primistar which is same shape as yours I will try and get a pic for you

Thanks for all the suggestions fellas. I'm going to do it on Saturday and see how I go.

I have a pipe tube on a roof rack with my ladders (all locked)

Then inside I have steel shelves for my drills etc and smaller shelves for small boxes with fittings in them, I then keep a large trolley box with spare tools in them and have a tote bag for everyday tools, then on the side of my shelving I have 15mm pipe clips to vertically hold my stopcock key, and drain off hose does the job.

The company advertising on the site for some good racking and boxes very good prices!

Used a mix of Dewalt boxes...JCB box system and Ikea boxes....works for me now ;)

I've given up bothering now. Open the doors and throw. That's my system!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van sorting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock