Search the forum,

Discuss Van upgrade - any help would Ben appreciate it. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

hi lads,

I am still on my annual break.

I hope you all had a nice Christmas break and are ready for the new year 2018.

I just bought a used Berlingo 2010 and have to say it’s a lovely van in my opinion.
However, I have spoken to @turnpin and he advised me to ask you all what type of safety locks I should be using.

Secondly, I am looking for van racking as I am little tired of boxes in my van. I would like to have it all sorted. Could you perhaps tell me what the best solution would be.

I am also after a pipe tube, and would like to know what you guys would use nowadays.

Do you guys would recommend an alarm for the van if so, what type of would you recommend?

If those questions have been asked I am sorry to bother you again but perhaps these questions are different to the van I have got.

Kind regards,

Ron

Wishing a good year 2018 to ya all

Depends do you have anywhere at home to store your drills hand tools etc (overnight) ?

Depends do you have anywhere at home to store your drills hand tools etc (overnight) ?
Hi Shaun,

Yes, I always take my machines and handtools out of the van as I cannot afford loosing my gear. I’d rather take 30min each day to get them out of the van.

TBH no point adding locks if there's nothing of valve in there

Depends how much you want to spend

You can buy a kit or make your own

Van Racking: Bott SMARTVAN Storage Solutions

Van Racking Solutions - Sortimo International GmbH

Or a days labour and some wood if your ok at woodworking or a local joiner

Same with the pipe tube special ones or a length of soil pipe with an access cap

All depends how much you want to spend I could easily spend 5-6 k kitting out a van
Thanks shauni,

I just had a look on that website as I am aware of this company. It’s a good com0any but perhaps a little bit pricy. I will most likely get a joinery guy or will do it myself. I wa thinking about vanguard for pipes or wouldn’t you recommend that?

Thanks a lot for you help on a New Year’s Eve evening. Wish you a great evening and a happy new year 2018

Depends how much you want to spend

Vanguard around £120 soil pipe and fittings max £50

TBH no point adding locks if there's nothing of valve in there

personally I would upgrade the locks as a few plumbers I know have been victims of opportunist thieves whilst they were collecting materials from merchants whilst on their way to the job ...just my opinion regards Turnpin

0CB8C087-E247-4D94-A79A-46AC36A1B7FA.jpeg
11CB4F0D-7E4A-4DC1-9979-8E460EADF525.jpeg
Look on bumtree Ron , I bought an old Bott style rack for the my van ( caddy ) , I had to make it fit but its great . I also have a small internal pipe tube made out off 2” square drainpipe , exactly 2M long but I dont know how long your van is , so might not fit .

I bought a second hand sortimo racking of eBay for £500 brand new, guy I bought it off bought the wrong kit.
I also invested in a vanguard pipe carrier this year I bought a lined one for waste pipes and unlined for copper both lockable the only problem with a lined one is its only openable from one end.

C6FFFDD0-A057-4FB9-80FC-85F67A9A94F2.jpeg

personally I would upgrade the locks as a few plumbers I know have been victims of opportunist thieves whilst they were collecting materials from merchants whilst on their way to the job ...just my opinion regards Turnpin
I am going to I stall some locks don’t feel really safe without them. I’d rather spent a little more than loosing all. It is wrong to safe on locks but that’s my opinion.

View attachment 32487 View attachment 32486 Look on bumtree Ron , I bought an old Bott style rack for the my van ( caddy ) , I had to make it fit but its great . I also have a small internal pipe tube made out off 2” square drainpipe , exactly 2M long but I dont know how long your van is , so might not fit .
Thanks @townfanjon, for the great pictures. I will definitely check tomorrow morning the length etc and get things done in similar way. I will keep you updated how I van rack my berlingo.

I bought a second hand sortimo racking of eBay for £500 brand new, guy I bought it off bought the wrong kit.
I also invested in a vanguard pipe carrier this year I bought a lined one for waste pipes and unlined for copper both lockable the only problem with a lined one is its only openable from one end.

View attachment 32488
Hi Andy, after getting the links of shauni I have checked Sortimo and found them pretty nice made. I will have look if I can get something similar on eBa or gumtree.

Thanks to you all for such great input. I can already feel it will be a great year 2018. Thanks to you all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van upgrade - any help would Ben appreciate it. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I bought a 61 plate transit which has been great but is now off the road for a few weeks at least - which now that i am established and making decent...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm new to the forum, hope you are all well and enjoying this lovely weather. I am on the hope I could get some answers to my question if you can help me out please. I am moving my washing machine to the bottom of my garage and I'm after for advice on the best arrangement for the waste...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler, and where the pipes come in is in a room at the front of the house. I am about to box them in but I really wanted to understand what the various pipes...
Replies
Views
I am repiping my radiators with pex al pex, manifolds. 2 zones one 4 rads and one 2 rads. I will have the circulator pumps on the return. The picture is sorta what I am going for My questions are: where should I install my expansion tank? what else should I have/add into the piping? if...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock