Search the forum,

Discuss Variable water pressure on 3rd floor block of flats (built 2003) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi...can you give me some advice please?. I have lived here for about a year and for the last month only have had severe problems with water pressure ,even the toilet cistern (ALL my water is fed from the mains and not from a tank). In a split second my pressure can go from strong to weak...and even to a trickle...a trickle has happened twice in the last 2 days I phoned thames water and they had no problems. I realise that my pressure will drop a bit when other flats are using their water...but this is more severe than that. A plumber who I met in the car park told me he had replaced a valve supplying one flat only (didn't need access). ...would this be a pressure regulator valve?..and does this mean one valve per each flat of 44?...and could a faulty valve be my problem?...AND could this fail completely leaving me without WATER!. There is a "pump room"?? on the ground floor. One tenant on the floor below me (2nd) has the same problem...I have yet to check with my same floor neighbours....if I call a housing association plumber and the pressure is good when he comes will he take my word for the problem...or will have to see low pressure before doing a repair?....many thanks for any advice received.

I would check in the pump room for your dedicated water main. You should have access to this if its your only isolation valve for your flat. It sounds as if its happened since a plumber carried out work so I check the isolation valve for your flat is fully open.
If you have no access o the pump room contact your housing associating.

Thanks for your advice. Since I posted my problem earlier today I phoned thames water again. They had no reported problems in my area and also said that because the water pressure was strong/normal on the ground floor (which it is) and is only affecting the upper floors (2nd/3rd)....therefore it is an internal building issue. I have spoken to my 2 nearest neighbours and they have the same problem. Therefore I phoned my housing association and told them what thames water said and they are going to send a plumber out to check the pump room. By the way i also told thames water that this low pressure problem has only occurred since a major fault at a thames water pumping station a few weeks ago, which resulted in E3 being without water. They said maybe the pump in my building needs to be reset etc.?...after such a major water failure in the area...regards Dimmy

Thanks for your advice. Since I posted my problem earlier today I phoned thames water again. They had no reported problems in my area and also said that because the water pressure was strong/normal on the ground floor (which it is) and is only affecting the upper floors (2nd/3rd)....therefore it is an internal building issue. I have spoken to my 2 nearest neighbours and they have the same problem. Therefore I phoned my housing association and told them what thames water said and they are going to send a plumber out to check the pump room. By the way i also told thames water that this low pressure problem has only occurred since a major fault at a thames water pumping station a few weeks ago, which resulted in E3 being without water. They said maybe the pump in my building needs to be reset etc.?...after such a major water failure in the area...regards Dimmy

Good luck. Why don't you register and tell us all the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Variable water pressure on 3rd floor block of flats (built 2003) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock