Discuss Variable water pressure on 3rd floor block of flats (built 2003) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi...can you give me some advice please?. I have lived here for about a year and for the last month only have had severe problems with water pressure ,even the toilet cistern (ALL my water is fed from the mains and not from a tank). In a split second my pressure can go from strong to weak...and even to a trickle...a trickle has happened twice in the last 2 days I phoned thames water and they had no problems. I realise that my pressure will drop a bit when other flats are using their water...but this is more severe than that. A plumber who I met in the car park told me he had replaced a valve supplying one flat only (didn't need access). ...would this be a pressure regulator valve?..and does this mean one valve per each flat of 44?...and could a faulty valve be my problem?...AND could this fail completely leaving me without WATER!. There is a "pump room"?? on the ground floor. One tenant on the floor below me (2nd) has the same problem...I have yet to check with my same floor neighbours....if I call a housing association plumber and the pressure is good when he comes will he take my word for the problem...or will have to see low pressure before doing a repair?....many thanks for any advice received.

I would check in the pump room for your dedicated water main. You should have access to this if its your only isolation valve for your flat. It sounds as if its happened since a plumber carried out work so I check the isolation valve for your flat is fully open.
If you have no access o the pump room contact your housing associating.

Thanks for your advice. Since I posted my problem earlier today I phoned thames water again. They had no reported problems in my area and also said that because the water pressure was strong/normal on the ground floor (which it is) and is only affecting the upper floors (2nd/3rd)....therefore it is an internal building issue. I have spoken to my 2 nearest neighbours and they have the same problem. Therefore I phoned my housing association and told them what thames water said and they are going to send a plumber out to check the pump room. By the way i also told thames water that this low pressure problem has only occurred since a major fault at a thames water pumping station a few weeks ago, which resulted in E3 being without water. They said maybe the pump in my building needs to be reset etc.?...after such a major water failure in the area...regards Dimmy

Thanks for your advice. Since I posted my problem earlier today I phoned thames water again. They had no reported problems in my area and also said that because the water pressure was strong/normal on the ground floor (which it is) and is only affecting the upper floors (2nd/3rd)....therefore it is an internal building issue. I have spoken to my 2 nearest neighbours and they have the same problem. Therefore I phoned my housing association and told them what thames water said and they are going to send a plumber out to check the pump room. By the way i also told thames water that this low pressure problem has only occurred since a major fault at a thames water pumping station a few weeks ago, which resulted in E3 being without water. They said maybe the pump in my building needs to be reset etc.?...after such a major water failure in the area...regards Dimmy

Good luck. Why don't you register and tell us all the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Variable water pressure on 3rd floor block of flats (built 2003) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Background I have a small one-bedroom flat in the roof space in a victorian house. There are three floors below and each floor has a single...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an unvented water heater which for some reason every year causes me issues. At the end of 2023 I noticed that the pressure valve...
Replies
Views
Back