Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Vat And business advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

voivod

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Help

Right have had to get rid of business partner ...long story and not best pleased with him or his methods .

The firm is vat registered ...have been doing good till he started messing it about .
But now have been offered some subcontract work , good money but they wont pay vat. Is it worth setting up another company JUST to service the subcontract work? 3/4 days per weeks work
Would keep the VAT reg firm for ALL other customers.

Anyone done this?

Why wont they get involved with vat ?? those sort of questions you need to talk over with vat office as the last thing you want is them on your back

I can't see how any company can sub out and not be at the vat threshold. I'm a one man band and I can see me hitting it if things keep going as they are.

they have fixed payments ...wouldnt be worth my while if vat taken off the payments

I was told u cannot run 2 similair companies side by side ie in the same industry, as this would be seen as vat avoidance. A route you do not want to go down.

Had the same conversation with my accountant last year as I've commercial customers who want me vat registered to claim back the vat on materials etc and domestic who hate paying vat on anything. Accountant said if using same van, tools etc in same industry, then you are asking for trouble.

You can't have one vat registered business and one not, with the same van, tools etc.
I wouldn't be trusting the company that you are thinking of subbing to! Surely, they are vat registered if they have enough turnover to be subbing work out. If they are, then vat gorgeous them is no problem.
Check their company status and credit rating, as I smell a rat.

they have fixed payments ...wouldnt be worth my while if vat taken off the payments

If they have fixed payments you just add vat to whatever the amount is. Thats how it works.
Say the rate for whatever job was ÂŁ500, you charge them ÂŁ500 + vat ie ÂŁ600, they claim the vat back so the rate they are paying is still ÂŁ500.
Its just a paper shuffling exercise.
If they are not willing to do that don't work for them.

this firm pays holiday pay ...tax etc..suppose its for se60 boys really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vat And business advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently qualified as a gas engineer , for the time i was training at the college , i was working as a apprentice for about 6 months...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm new on the forum, I'm a gas service and repair engineer rather than a plumber. I used to work for a big company, now self employed...
Replies
Views
Hi All I found this forum quite by chance this afternoon whilst looking for an answer to a plumbing question that I have following a rebuild of...
Replies
Views
C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock