Discuss Vertical Radiator internal baffle in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Currently installing this and looking for advice please. Instructions state there is an internal baffle and flow should be connected to this side if there is a sticker at one side. I can see the baffle and it looks and measures almost central and the sticker is central so is it ok to connect flow on either side?

This the type that can be installed if rad supplied without one.
51XlYxHbCAL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Wouldn't expect the baffle to be more than ~ 150mm or so in from the hot end, if you bring a normal BOE panel rad on with a hot system the first 150mm or so will heat up vertically very rapidly, the hot water will then move along the top and move downwards to exit through the return, it behaves almost the exact same as if it were plumbed TBOE.

Reply to Vertical Radiator internal baffle in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi to all, I have bought a new radiator as replacement for old one. After installation by plumber, the new radiator is heating up only to 1/3...
Replies
Views
Fitting a vertical rad after having hallway replastered and after a bit of digging about online, I have two options for plumbing it in as pipes...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a new double panel tall column radiator to fit = 325 wide x 1500 high. Looked inside both the header and footer tubes and no sign...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to remove some radiators for redecorating and went to try and shut off the valves either side of my rad. I have TRV on one side and on...
Replies
Views
I am after an advice, please. We have a vertical radiator from Reina, Evie, that heats up only 2nd column fully, 1,3 and 4 are lukewarm. I...
Replies
Views
Back