Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Victorian cast iron soil/vent stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peasoupblu

Hi I have a 3 storey 1900s house with a cast iron soil/vent stack currently fed by 2 wcs. The wcs enter the soil stack and on

each wc there is a smaller lead outhouse 006.jpg
pipe that connects to a branch vent pipe that re-connects to soil pipe above the second floor wc soil pipe (soil stack to the right, waste stack to left). I am fitting a loft wc and plan to connect to the soil stack just below the gutter. For various reasons (joists and pipe length) the shower will enter the soil stack via a 40mm pipe with an aav, the basin will enter the waste stack via an aav and the wc will enter the soil stack, possibly via an aav?

The new boss connector would be above the point that the branch vent connects to the soil stack. The only problem I can see is that if the loft bathroom is flushed at the same time as the other wcs then the vent would be wet at the time.

Are there any issues to be concerned about. I have attached a picture

Any help appreciated, don't mind criticism either. The build is subject to a warrant but the current plan involves a shower pump and internal soil pipe. I will discuss my alternative plan with BCO but want a heads up beforehand, as she has not been of much use to date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Victorian cast iron soil/vent stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock