Search the forum,

Discuss Viva? McAlpine? Thoughts? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally when doing my plumbing jobs I have always used McAlpine traps and fittings which have always worked a treat, be recently i have heard more about and seen more in trade stop Viva wastes and traps. Has anyone used them? Any thoughts?

They seem to be a good bit cheaper, for example the bath trays vs q10 trap is a good £1.50 cheaper and the pan connectors are considerably cheaper

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mcalpine-wc-f26r-flexible-wc-pan-connector-white-97-107mm/71219
£19.75

Viva Mini Flexible Toilet Pan Connector (200 - 350mm) - PP0002/C
£8.00

any thoughts?

Hi there and welcome.

Yes, have used them betore but ile stick to mcalpine. I know what i get when I pay more money for good materials. But that's just me

Made in China. I also discovered that a spare diaphragm for their fill valves was hard to come by and expensive and I wouldn't be impressed if a plumber fitted me a valve (s)he couldn't service easily.
So, having fitted one Viva siphon and one Viva fill valve, I'm Vivad out.

to be fair you'll be hard pushed to find anything thats plastic thats not made in china these days. might be assembled in another country but the plastic and rubber prob tools and made in china.

I not looked at the fill valves and flush valves for toilets, normal just fit what comes in the toilet, not replaced one in a long time.

I’ve used a lot of Viva and McAlpine products, McAlpine are head and shoulders above Viva. I’ve come across Viva trap seals leaking and cross threading from new, I’d rather pay more ££ and have no issues!!

As for the cistern parts the float valves are ok, quite small to avoid obstructing the handle but the float rises quickly unlike a fluidmaster and can cause water hammer, the syphons again are ok for domestic use but in a commercial premises where they get used more frequently the clip that adjusts the height will snap rendering it useless. The syphon tail washer is very good in my opinion though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Viva? McAlpine? Thoughts? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock