Search the forum,

Discuss vivaro - inside lights stay on but doors are all shut in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mrs Tara Plumbi

Has this happened to you?
I took it to be washed today afterwards the inside lights won't go off.
All sensers are inplace on drivers & passengers doors - seem to work.
It locks OK but clicks to warn me a door is open - even though it isn't.

There is a senser bottom left on back door but I don't see one for the right door. You can't shut left back door if right door is not shut so i guess it doesn't need one.
I've made an appointment at garage tomorrow - what an drag!

Not had that issue but sounds as water has got in somewhere.
Only issue so far is when I was washing the van with jet wash the alrm was going off when pointing hose to the front passenger door top. I opened door and closed and that stopped it.

has the vivaro got contact strips on the side door these are a painusually looks like a black plastic housing with copper strips try cleaning them

Set it on fire or trade it in for a landrover:50:

Thanks,
i fiddled and rubbed everything that looked like it might want fiddling and rubbing.
I am off to garage in a short while.

it is only 11 months old so hopefully it won't be a painfully expensive problem.

As for replacing it - I am in love with it.
It is the crew cab and there is so much space in the back for the 3 kids.
My sister says she wished she had one when her kids were younger instead of those 7 seater people carrier things. - because she would have hidden a loo in the very back!
Us mothers and our bladder problems...

Thanks,
i fiddled and rubbed everything that looked like it might want fiddling and rubbing.
I am off to garage in a short while.

it is only 11 months old so hopefully it won't be a painfully expensive problem.

As for replacing it - I am in love with it.
It is the crew cab and there is so much space in the back for the 3 kids.
My sister says she wished she had one when her kids were younger instead of those 7 seater people carrier things. - because she would have hidden a loo in the very back!
Us mothers and our bladder problems...

way too much info there t.p!

My cab light is always on, unless I turn it off at the light. It has 3 positions which im guessing are off, on and on when a door is open.
I would like to know what the fault is if you find out.

O so simple!
there is a sensor on each door - it goes in when the door is shut - easy to see on driver and passenger doors.
My problem was the one at back.
Thee is one for left door, bottom left. The sensor thing was there and working but the black rubber thing on the door that is supposed to push the sensor in had fallen off.
And I later found it.

Hope that info helped others - it was so obvious I feel stupid for not seeing it!

O so simple!
there is a sensor on each door - it goes in when the door is shut - easy to see on driver and passenger doors.
My problem was the one at back.
Thee is one for left door, bottom left. The sensor thing was there and working but the black rubber thing on the door that is supposed to push the sensor in had fallen off.
And I later found it.

Hope that info helped others - it was so obvious I feel stupid for not seeing it!

could have been a blonde moment?

the vivaro rear doors only have 1 switch on the left door, check and see if the rubber stopper is fitted on the door opposite the switch

Mrs TP fixed it herself 6 months ago, after lots of fiddling and rubbing, seems I missed out again (apologies to Mrs TP to follow)

Pretty sure there was a recall on the vivaro door switch as I has mine done on my last one

Funny this should be revived as only today, when we were loading scooters in the back on way home from the beach
that annoying rubber thing fell off again.
Lucky I spotted it because it is a pain and of course cost money to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vivaro - inside lights stay on but doors are all shut in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock