Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Vokera 20e intermittent reset fault after "upgrading" to Climote CH timer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,
We have a Vokera 20e gas boiler which was working perfectly up to the point where we “upgraded” the 2 old timers (2 zone timer and 1 zone timer) to a new combined 3 zone timer from Climote. climote.ie

Since the install we have been getting intermittent ( i.e. a couple of times a day) red reset light on the vokera. When this happens the Vokera pump will remain running non-stop until we reset the boiler via the front panel switch.
It’s hard to find out exactly when this is intermittent fault is happening but I have noticed it occur when i send a stop signal to the boiler from the climote hub. Something unusual in the shutdown sequence when the climate unit sends shutdown signal to boiler and zone valves (i.e. at end of “timed on” period or “boost” period.
At this point the gas may be burning and pump running but the first thing that happens is the LED turns off is the Myson flow control valve beneath the boiler on zone 1. i.e. this closes with the pump still running and the gas still burning. Is this the correct shutdown sequence?
I am guessing no and maybe this may cause a backpressure or overheat situation in the boiler which may trip the reset light (am I right?)
If so how did this happen? Could above symptoms be caused by a simple wiring error when climote fitted?
Installer says its a faulty circuit board but it was serviced a month ago and we never saw a reset error until after the climote was installed. Any help to troubleshoot appreciated!

Wired wrong. Needs somebody experienced in heating controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vokera 20e intermittent reset fault after "upgrading" to Climote CH timer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock